Professional Development Expert
Speaking Style: Humorous, Entertaining, Engaging
Travels From: Michigan
Fee Schedule: 2
A Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Vanderbilt University, Jeff has quickly become one of the most in-demand presenters in North America. His truly unprecedented ability to deliver high-quality education in an undeniably entertaining way has earned him dozens of repeat clients, all of whom appreciate Jeff’s insistence that education is the only way that we improve at anything and that we’ll all improve better and faster if we enjoy the learning process. By combining the content of the traditional presentation with the entertainment value of a comedy show, Jeff has found enthusiastic audiences in government, academia, small businesses and several Fortune 50 companies, all while still being one of the youngest members of the professional speaking circuit.
Jeff began his career as a high school English teacher before following his father Rex Havens (RexHavens.com) into the world of stand-up comedy, where he worked with some of the brightest lights in American comedy and honed the art of engaging audiences through laughter. But his impulse to teach never faded, and soon he began looking for an avenue to combine both of his passions into entertaining and meaningful presentations.
The results are a collection of innovative keynote presentations which include Uncrapify Your Life!, Unleash Your Inner Tyrant!, and Us Vs. Them. Original, informative, hilarious and powerful, Jeff’s ability to help people achieve success in leadership, customer service, communication, generational issues, corporate culture and more by talking about what they should and shouldn’t do guarantees that his audiences manage to laugh and learn at the same time. Because as Jeff likes to say, improving your business doesn’t have to be boring.
US VS. THEM – PUTTING THE OTHER GENERATIONS IN THEIR PLACE!
If you’ve listened to any other discussion about generational issues at work, then you’ve undoubtedly been told there are four distinct generations operating side-by-side in today’s working world. You’ve then been told the differences between those four generations, and then you’ve been told (although probably not in these exact words) that you need to just deal with all these different people, because they’re not going away and they’re not going to change how they operate. If that advice suits you, fantastic. However, if you’ve ever been frustrated by how impossible it seems to employ four different strategies to manage four distinct generations, and if you’ve ever felt like you’re the only one who’s being asked to make any changes, then Us Vs. Them is exactly what you need. Because it turns out that there really aren’t four generations. In this hysterical keynote, you’ll learn a simpler way of looking at your own generational picture, and you’ll also learn how to understand, recognize, and resolve every generational issue facing today’s workforce. That’s no exaggeration; by the end of Us Vs. Them, you and your colleagues will walk away with all the knowledge you’ll need to address 100% of the generational issues you’ll face for the rest of your career. Other generational presentations focus on what people want, but Us Vs. Them will tell you why everyone wants the different things they do. It’s an important distinction, and it will make implementing new solutions easier than you ever thought possible.
So, get ready to laugh more and learn more than you ever thought possible. Because improving your generational issues doesn’t have to be boring.
Partial List of Takeaways:
- Learn to replace the complicated four-generation model with a workable dichotomy between older, more experienced workers and their younger, less-experienced counterparts
- Understand the key cultural, technological, and social changes that have conspired to create a disconnect between team members from these two generations
- Walk away with several immediately applicable strategies to address and eliminate problems caused by the disconnect mentioned above
- Inspire a healthier, more robust work ethic in your younger employees (and your older ones, too)
- Inspire a healthier, more robust attitude toward change in your older employees (and your younger ones, too)
UNCRAPIFY YOUR LIFE!: THE FUNNIEST MOTIVATIONAL SPEECH IN THE UNIVERSE
Innovation keynotes generally start off something like this: “The world is changing faster now than ever before. Everything you’re doing now is about to become obsolete, and if you don’t come up with something amazing in the next 18 seconds then your business is basically going to disappear. Have a nice day.” If that’s the kind of doomsayer message that really gets you energized and excited to hear more, then you can stop reading now. But if you’d like to present innovation as a simple process that literally everyone is capable of performing, then you might enjoy Uncrapify Your Future. Filled with the trademark wit that has made Jeff Havens one of the most in-demand speakers in North America, Uncrapify Your Future will make the process of coming up with new ideas easier and more rewarding than you ever thought possible. Because it turns out that every innovation in every industry – from automobiles to streaming music, coffee cup holders to wartime treaties – follows the same straightforward pattern. Your business is always changing, and so you will always need people to anticipate and capitalize on those changes. If you want them to think that being innovative is a daunting task that only a few elites can handle, listen to someone else. But if you want your audience walking away realizing that they’re all capable of greatness, then Uncrapify Your Future is for you. Oh, and did we mention that it’s also hilarious? Well it is. And imagine that – a keynote that’s both educational and enjoyable. How innovative!
Partial List of Takeaways
- The three-step process which every innovation throughout all human history has inevitably followed
- The one and only barrier to innovative thought, and how to overcome it
- Case studies of various innovative products and ideas – which any one of your audience members could conceivably have come up with on their own
- Reframing the entire concept of innovation from “big ideas that change the world” to “small ideas that slowly become big ideas that eventually change the world”
UNLEASH YOUR INNER TYRANT!: THE MOST ORIGINAL LEADERSHIP PRESENTATION IN THE COUNTRY
The first of its kind, Unleash Your Inner Tyrant! helps managers and executives become better leaders by showing them everything they should avoid – including how to create a culture of fear and mistrust, how to oppress and demoralize employees, and how to stand firm in the face of all change – before wrapping up with a serious conversation about the kind of leaders we should all strive to become. Covering four main areas of leadership (corporate culture, management/employee relations, crisis management, and change management) Unleash Your Inner Tyrant! is every bit as content-rich and intensively researched as a more traditional leadership seminar but has the added benefit of an unparalleled delivery style that will have your audience laughing the entire time they’re learning how to become more effective leaders. Simply put, there is nothing else like this in the business world, and no better way to energize your management team while providing them with invaluable training they will remember for months and years to come.
Partial List of Takeaways:
- How to create a healthy, vibrant corporate culture through open communication and active accessibility
- How to inspire trust and loyalty in your employees by setting reasonable expectations and delivering truly constructive criticism when necessary
- How to approach change to achieve seamless integration of new product lines, marketing strategies, department mergers, and other new initiatives
- How to employ one simple technique to move employee from satisfaction to engagement.
- How to become the kind of leader others are excited to follow
UNCRAPIFY YOUR FUTURE: THE MOST INNOVATIVE INNOVATION KEYNOTE IN THE HISTORY OF EVER
Designed for a broad spectrum of audiences, the award-winning Uncrapify Your Life! keynote is a masterstroke of reverse psychology. Promising to give audiences permission rather than advice, Uncrapify Your Life! will ‘encourage’ your team to employ the MYFABMOFA plan (watch the demo video to find out what thatmeans) for a hysterical study in exactly how not to talk to others. You’ll laugh harder than you thought possible at a conference keynote before Uncrapify Your Life! brings it all home with a poignant and powerful discussion about how small changes in our communication strategies can often be the most important (and least expensive) way to strengthen relationships, increase loyalty, and create an unbreakable culture of teamwork and mutual respect. By highlighting and then poking fun of practices we’re all occasionally guilty of, Uncrapify Your Life! is at once hilarious and meaningful, offering a motivational communication and teambuilding keynote utterly unlike anything you’ve ever seen and that is guaranteed to leave you refreshed, surprised, and begging for more.
Partial List of Takeaways:
- How to avoid negative and unproductive conversations
- No-cost, easily-implemented communication strategies that will immediately create positive change in your team dynamic
- The importance of small things when it comes to delivering outstanding customer service or creating a healthy corporate culture
- A new way to think about change that will significantly relieve any concern or tension regarding existing or upcoming changes in your organization
- Business Week
- Wall Street Journal
- Fox Business
- Farm Credit Services of America
- Association for Talent Development
- Douglas Stewart Co.
- US Bank
- Profit Stars
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- American Dental Association
- American Health Care Association
- American Payroll Association
“Oh my goodness, he was a humongous hit!! We had a stellar lineup of speakers. Jeff was hugely popular! The conversations that festered the afternoon after his talk, about everyone’s experiences with tyrant bosses, was epidemic. Jeff is fantastic!! But he also got people thinking. His unique approach lingered and stuck with people. Our audience raved. Jeff had a breakout the next day after his keynote. It was literally “standing room only.” There was nowhere left to stand! We should have anticipated that the capacity would be more than triple what was registered for his session.”
– Dan Maddux, American Payroll Association
“Jeff was fantastic. He set the perfect tone for the meeting and had the room laughing the entire time.” – D.P. , US Cellular